PeerWise: Engaging through question creation (Assessment & Engagement)
PeerWise: Engaging through question creation (Assessment & Engagement) Online
Why do all the work? Doesn’t learning come from ‘doing’? If you agree with these two statements, you may wish to explore PeerWise for your course and instruction. PeerWise is a free tool designed for students to create multiple choice questions in the goal of developing a greater understanding of course materials, as well as creating a repository of questions that their peers can use for formative assessments. PeerWise was developed to help students engage with concepts and course materials, while also developing skills in taking multiple choice questions. Through authoring questions, students understand and read questions posed to them more carefully. This session will introduce you to PeerWise and provide scenarios where you may wish to implement this resource in your own course.
- Thursday, March 9, 2023
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
By the end of this session participants will:
• Be able to explain PeerWise to a peer or colleague.
• Be able to identify where and when PeerWise can be used in their teaching.
• Be able to setup and administer a PeerWise course.
• Be able to collect data from PeerWise to measure and monitor student learning and engagement.