Creating Cultures of Wellbeing in Your Class
Creating Cultures of Wellbeing in Your Class Online
MSU's Center for Teaching and Learning Innovation (CTLI) is thrilled to be hosting Dr. Megumi Moore (Director of Graduate Student Life and Wellness & CTLI Affiliate) for an interactive discussion on wellbeing and your classroom culture.
Join us to learn more about evidence behind wellness as a foundation for student success, reflect on your supports and barriers to building humanizing spaces, and identify simple actions you can take in your everyday practice.
*We make every effort to employ Universal Design for Learning in CTLI programming. If you have specific accommodation needs to participate in this program, please contact Makena Neal (email@example.com).
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Agenda: Creating cultures of wellbeing in your class
- What does it mean to be humanizing - a humanizing educator
- People first (without sacrificing)
- Risk- vulnerable to allow yourself to “be a person” in your space
- Resources on campus + warm hand-offs:
- Institutional interventions
- BTAT Green folder
- Little things you can do in day-to-day practice:
- Sign offs (In practice example)
- Check ins (In practice example)
- Taking time off & disclosing (In practice example)