Anti-Racist Path Series Orientation
Anti-Racist Path Series Orientation In-Person
Wednesdays, Oct. 4-Nov. 15, 3-5pm
In-Person at Brody Hall Room 175
This series invites you to commit or re-commit yourself to anti-racism. We will practice noticing, naming, and deconstructing racism. We will also explore collective and individual interventions for dismantling white supremacy. As we begin this work, we’ll emphasize building emotional resilience and honoring the myriad of emotions that arise when we do the hard work of challenging white supremacy. Affinity space may be provided at certain points in the process.
The series will be limited to 40 participants. Once the series is full, we will collect a waitlist.
Throughout this series, participants will:
- Locate your relationship to/role in anti-racism by exploring concepts like the cycle of socialization, accountability, developing quality relationships across differences, and more.
- Develop skills to recognize and navigate a full range of human emotions related to justice work.
- Analyze the destructiveness and persistence of white supremacy using the framework of the four levels of oppression: individual, interpersonal, systemic/institutional, and cultural/ideological and the characteristics of white supremacy culture.
- Engage in a community of co-learners to build capacity and support for continued action.
Planners/Presenters/Facilitators: Dreux Baker, Amanda Flores, Kirby Gibson, Vanessa Holmes, Lynn Lammers, Ebony Lucas, Emily Sorroche, Sitara Thobani
Fall 2023 Anti-Racist Path Series Timeline:
- Orientation: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 3-5pm
- Session 1: Wednesday, October 11, 2023, 3-5pm
- Session 2: Wednesday, October 18, 2023, 3-5pm
- Session 3: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 3-5pm
- Session 4: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 3-5pm
- Session 5: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 3-5pm
- Session 6: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 3-5pm
Register for the entire series here: https://msu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5w2IAM1N7myIOGi
Questions? Want to better understand what this series entails before registering?
Contact ARP Coordinator Lynn Lammers at email@example.com
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Other: See below for details