Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) — Online
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) — Online In-Person
QM's flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and its use in reviewing the design of online and blended courses is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors. It is particularly helpful to those new to QM or those considering the adoption of a quality assurance process for online and blended learning.
In addition to learning about the QM Rubric and the course review process, participants will learn to apply the concept of alignment and draft helpful recommendations for course improvement.
The APPQMR is the prerequisite for the Peer Reviewer Course, which is the required course to become a QM Peer Reviewer.
Two weeks of asynchronous online work with a facilitator and peer interactions. 8-10 hours per week of contact and activities.
This section runs October 17, 2022 through October 31, 2022.
• Those looking to understand the QM Rubric and course review process.
• Members with a stand-alone CPE membership.
• Those who wish to complete the Higher Ed Peer Reviewer Course.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the demo course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
What Participants Need:
At least 10 to 12 hours of time per week to spend on achieving the learning objectives. Some participants report spending at least 15 hours per week.
- Monday, October 17, 2022
- All Day Event
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)