Open Virtual Reality
Open Virtual Reality In-Person
The VR lab is back! Whether you’re a VR first-timer, an immersive data visualizer, a researcher or a developer, an artist in search of a new medium, an instructor curious about how to use the tech in class, a student of storytelling, or some other type of human being, VR Open Hours are for you! Take our HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and other headsets for a spin, and talk to us about your ideas. We love to connect people with hardware, software, and each other.
Participants can log into their personal accounts to access VR content they own, or explore the myriad content we have available, including real student projects and industry tools:
- Paint, sculpt, animate, and work with 3D models/environments
- Immersively visualize data, anatomy, molecules, math equations, historical sites and events, or even comics
- Learn language, circuitry, lab chemistry, medical procedure, extended-reality (or "XR," including VR and 360) media production
- Play games for transportive narrative, exercise, team building, or just plain fun
- Explore the great outdoors, real-world geography, or hypothetical interior designs
- Simulate colorblindness, astronaut experience, a rollercoaster ride, etc.
- Develop your own VR experiences, or use VR tools to develop interactive experiences of any kind
- Deploy VR to support your course or research
- Record and/or share screens and workspaces with others in real time