Using Collaborative Discussion
Using Collaborative Discussion Online
CTLI is happy to host MSU's Office of the University Ombudsperson team as they share their expertise through the 2023-24 Conflict in Groups: Pedagogy, Projects and Possibilities series.
Collaborative discussion is the ability to work with others in ways to address both small and large problems. It helps in building relationships, sustaining engagement, and discovering options. This workshop is designed to consider the attributes associated with healthy collaboration, to examine avenues for building trust in the classroom, and to identify avenues for developing a collaborative perspective. Participants will have an opportunity to engage in collaborative discussion practices and reflect on how it might fit within their teaching philosophies.
All are welcome and encouraged to register for this and the other two offerings in the series!
- Sept. 27 @10:00 - 11:00am "Navigating Group Projects" with Dr. Ryan Thelen
- Nov. 15 @ 10:00 - 11:00am "Dialogue and Deliberation" with Dr. Shannon Burton
- Jan. 24 @ 10:00 - 11:30am "Using Collaborative Discussion" with Dr. Shannon Burton
- Wednesday, January 24, 2024
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.