Dialogue and Deliberation
Dialogue and Deliberation Online
CTLI is happy to host MSU's Office of the University Ombudsperson team as they share their expertise through the 2023-24 Conflict in Groups: Pedagogy, Projects and Possibilities series.
Many groups center on having difficult conversations around hot topics and wicked problems. This training serves as a basic introductory course on the uses of dialogue and deliberation to manage these conversations. It includes an overview of the theory of deliberative pedagogy and an exploration into the methods used in deliberative dialogue. Participants engage in a practice exercise and receive strategies and tools for effective moderation.
All are welcome and encouraged to register for this and the other two offerings in the series!
- Sept. 27 @10:00 - 11:00am "Navigating Group Projects" with Dr. Ryan Thelen
- Jan. 24 @ 10:00 - 11:30am "Using Collaborative Discussion" with Dr. Shannon Burton
- Feb. 21 @ 10:00 - 11:00am "Dialogue and Deliberation" with Dr. Shannon Burton
- Wednesday, February 21, 2024
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.